Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Thankful Heart






I just got done writing in my "real" journal,
*smile*
one modeled after the example here,
and I attempted to record all of my heavenly Father's
blessings that He has poured down on us
in the last few weeks-
difficult though they have been.




After writing in my journal of the struggles we've faced
with the raising of 5 small children,
I then began to scribble down the many blessings
our Jehovah Jireh has bestowed...
and you know what??
once I was able to really sit and dwell
on all the ways He has provided,
well....
let me tell you.



It's overwhelming.




He has proven Himself faithul on so many levels
yet I'd been too consumed in the day-to-day struggles
that I'd missed so many of them.



But no more!



I bless His name!!
He watches over us -
even when we're too stuck in the mire of
the daily grind to notice.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Lord, let me lift my eyes from the "here and now"
to instead gaze on Your loving face
and rest, rejoicing in Your eternal goodness;
Your never-ending faithfulness!
You are indeed, good...all the time!



No comments: