
FOR TODAY...
Outside My Window...fallen leaves tumble over each other in the Autumn wind -
awaiting the coming snows to lay them to rest.
I am thinking...that I cannot wait for Friday to arrive!
For on Friday, we receive my nephews and niece who will be living with us for eight months. How relieved I will be to know that they will be safe,
well-loved and taken care of.
And how humbling to realize that GOD has chosen us for this amazing task.
I am thankful for...children who love each other and a husband who gives of himself to help those in need.
From the learning rooms...we're reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House in the Big Woods"
From the kitchen...This week, we're having steak fajitas, spaghetti, chicken noodle soup, "upside-down supper" (breakfast foods for supper), pizza and preparing for "my side of the family's" Thanksgiving - taking place on Sunday afternoon.
I am wearing...black socks, jeans, and an orange tank top under a forest green "vintage/modern" sweater cardigan.
I am creating...another scarf for one of my nieces for Christmas and have just finished up the amazing handbag that I knitted and felted for my Mom (for Christmas).
I am going...out for coffee and to a ladies fellowship at church tonight - :o)
I am reading...through the Proverbs and Spurgeon's Morning and Evening
I am hoping...that the transition for my nephews and niece goes smoothly - for them and us.
I am hearing...the dogs (our one dog and my parent's dog - whom we're watching this week) chase each other around in play - and I'm enjoying the relative silence that is afforded by the boys' naptime.
Around the house...a load of laundry waiting to be folded and a few left-over birthday party balloons floating here and there.
One of my favorite things...listening to beautiful music (currently enjoying the CD that will become our church's Christmas Contada - and picking out my alto part) while sitting in the living room knitting in my favorite chair.
A picture thought I am sharing with you...

Dusk settling over the Riverbend Nature Center after one of our Fall Evening hikes...

No comments:
Post a Comment