Monday, October 6, 2008

The Blessings of Friendships

This morning, as I gazed out my kitchen window, and was greeted by an array of vivid Autumnal hues, I was reminded afresh of the myriad blessings God bestowed upon me and my family this weekend.











As of late, our favorite free-range, organic, farm-fresh egg prices have soared -yes, along with so many other things, too - making them unaffordable for our family.



But God always provides, doesn't He. (smile)



A friend reminded me of a family in our church who raises cage-free, organic chickens and regularly brings eggs that they are unable to sell to local stores to church for families to enjoy...and best of all, they're free! So yesterday after morning service, my family headed over to see if there were any fresh eggs available - and, Praise the Lord, there were!









We took home 4 dozen eggs and guess what we had for Sunday Dinner (very untraditional, mind you) - eggs! How thankful we are for the way our great God provides for our every need.
He is ever Faithful.



Yet another blessing to praise Him for - our eldest son was in desperate need of pants as he had outgrown all the ones he had. (Thank you, Lord, for strong and healthy children!) I had regularly been checking our local thrift store for boy's pants, but hadn't been able to find much of anything. Lots of girl clothes - not much for boy's clothes in the size we needed. God saw our need and chose to bless us through my girlfriends. They heard of our need and gave of their own abundance to bless our family. How thankful I am for these wonderful friends that God has placed in my life. Between two of my girlfriends, oldest son now has enough pants and jeans to last him the Fall / Winter season!


Lord, you are truly Jehovah-Jireh...and we humbly thank you.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..."


1 comment:

MRCowell said...

You have blessed me in more ways thank I can count. I am thankful to be and to have you as a friend... I am always here for you and am thankful that I could bless you with something as simple as pants..
Love you friend-
Me