Thursday, October 9, 2008

Unexpected Blessings From His Hand






So much I could write about this morning...how to choose?





Father God, in his never-ending grace
rained down more extravagant gifts upon us last night.




I am overwhelmed and humbled beyond words.


Last night after church, friends of ours pull up to our van, and said, "We have food for you!"

I had forgotten that she had told me to stop by their vehicle to get what I thought was going to be just a few food items. However, being involved in another conversation with a church-goer,
I pretty much missed the exchange between this sweet family and my husband.
After finishing my conversation - children becoming weary of sitting in the van, waiting -
we quickly head home as I am late meeting a friend at the gym. I rush into the house, change my clothes and I'm on my way to work off a few calories. :o)

Once I return home, I have a chance to see what was given so graciously to us...


and I am overwhelmed.


Sitting on my kitchen counter are two hugs boxes overflowing with food!





God has once again proven Himself Faithful.


Why do I, in my frail humanness ever doubt?


He had answered prayers not even yet uttered - and he didn't just sprinkle a bit here and there, He poured the blessings down, raining full over our heads.
Undeserving, all-too-often-ungrateful - us.


We are humbled and so immensely thankful.



Father, Giver of all good things, how can I ever question Your ways? For they are far above my ways - I can never understand them. You are worthy of all praise and honor - let me never forget your goodness and may my life speak of your immeasurable greatness.


I am unworthy...


2 comments:

MRCowell said...

The blessing goes both ways.. It fills my life with joy to know that those things.. which we were unable to use because of a child's illness, became a blessing to another family who could...
Love you friend

Unknown said...

God knows even our unspoken prayers and He is so faithful at answering them. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends. We serve an awesome God, and I am so thankful He provided for your needs. When we pray and if our requests are in harmony with the principles of God's will, He will be happy to grant them. "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matthew 21:22
Sending Love up Your way!